Documentation, Reference Materials, and Tutorials for your WooCommerce products
WooCommerce Pages not Displaying
If you are having trouble with pages not installing properly or not displaying content, you can fix this:
- Create a new page.
- Add the correct page shortcode.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > *tab* to select your newly created page (*tab* is the WooCommerce section to edit) if you use WooCommerce > 2.1.x, else go to WooCommerce > Settings > General.
*Note that this doc doesn’t cover every imaginable case. We recommend using the Troubleshooting Guide to determine if there is a conflict on your site.
2.1 WooCommerce Pages Update ↑ Back to top
Prior to WooCommerce 2.1, there were individual pages for account management and order thank you pages. After the 2.1 update, these are now endpoints rather than separate pages. If you updated to 2.1+, the new page shortcodes are:
WooCommerce > 2.1.x Shortcodes ↑ Back to top
- [woocommerce_cart] – shows the cart page
- [woocommerce_checkout] – shows the checkout page
- [woocommerce_order_tracking] – shows the order tracking form
- [woocommerce_my_account] – shows the user account page
The previous (retired) page structure was:
WooCommerce – the most customizable eCommerce platform for building your online business.
How to force WooCommerce to install missing pages
When WooCommerce is first installed, a welcome screen is presented to assist in configuring the settings to get up and running:
While this setup process is helpful, sometimes you just want to get straight to it and hit the skip button. All of the settings in the setup process are accessible if you skip it, but part of the set up process includes creating the following pages in WordPress:
- Shop – No content required.
- Cart – Contains [woocommerce_cart] shortcode and shows the cart contents
- Checkout – Contains [woocommerce_checkout] shortcode and shows information such as shipping and payment options
- My Account – Contains [woocommerce_my_account] shortcode and shows each customer information related to their account, orders, etc.
Installing WooCommerce pages
If you’ve skipped the setup process and need to re-install WooCommerce pages, go to WooCommerce > System Status > Tools and use the page installer tool:
Tell WooCommerce which pages to use
If you went through the setup process, or installed the default pages in the step above, WooCommerce will have set the pages it wants to use automatically. You can also create your own however. WooCommerce will need to know which pages to use.
To tell WooCommerce what pages to use for cart and checkout go to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout.
To tell WooCommerce what page to use for My Account, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Accounts.
To tell WooCommerce what pages to use for the shop page go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display.